We can increase the quantity and quality of visitors to your charity’s website from search engines like Google and Bing through search engine optimisation. This can help you:
- increase awareness of your work and your brand
- reach more people who could benefit from your services
- gain more donations, registrations or long-term supporters
- educate and inform your users.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation is the process of improving your website to increase traffic from search engines like Google and Bing.
How we do it
We provide monthly retainers of ongoing support or short-term projects and reports such as a technical audit or content review.
We can also develop a package of SEO support to meet your exact needs. We’ll tailor our services to your priorities whether that’s increasing donations, reaching people with your services or upskilling your team.
All our recommendations are based on research, data and best practices, which we share with your team throughout the project.
SEO retainer – ongoing support
You can hire us as an extension of your team to embed consistent SEO expertise into your organisation. We’ll work to grow organic traffic long term, which means we can capitalise on every search opportunity we identify and modify plans around new priorities or findings. Find out how we helped Barnardo’s with their SEO.
Short-term SEO projects
We’ll do a full review of your website and search opportunities, use the results to decide the most effective strategy and recommend steps you can take to achieve your goals.
If you’re looking for SEO support and guidance your team can run with once the project is over this is a good option for you. We’ll equip your team with the data, insights, knowledge and tools to confidently continue.
SEO reports and content strategy
We can develop detailed content strategies based on evidence from keyword research, competitor analysis, a technical audit and other reports.
We also offer these reports as individual services if you only need a light touch review:
- Technical SEO audit. We’ll identify any errors or areas of your site that are not optimised for search and report all issues and affected URLs.
- Keyword research report. We’ll establish exactly how much opportunity you have, help set realistic targets, optimise existing content and generate content ideas.
- Competitor analysis reports. We’ll look at what your competitors are doing, which of their strategies could benefit your website and identify opportunities.
- Content audit: We’ll analyse all your website content and advise what to keep or delete, what’s underperforming and what you can enhance to generate traffic.
- Tailored content briefs including writing for the web guides. Our guides make it easy for your team to create best practice content optimised for organic search.
- Site structure recommendations. We can advise how to organise your content in a way that makes sense and is impactful for both users and search engines.
- Google Search Console review. We can analyse your website’s performance, highlight issues or errors in any reports and recommend what to improve.
- Proactively recommend new opportunities. We’ll let you know when new opportunities arise that will help you gain more organic traffic from new SEO tactics.
SEO training sessions
We can help your team understand SEO better and empower them to make lasting changes in your charity.
Our SEO 101 training includes the fundamentals of search, features of great content, identifying opportunities and building great content.
Why work with us
- We communicate clearly. We provide clear guidance documents for all our recommendations, explain technical terms and include a consultation to discuss the findings and next steps and answer your questions.
- We’re data-led. We begin every SEO project with thorough research, analysis and audits so that our recommendations are justified and based on clear insight and evidence.
- We give realistic forecasts. We’ll give you a clear assessment of the search volume for your site and what you could achieve.
- We go into detail. Our recommendations are granular, explicit and comprehensive. We tell you exactly what you need to do and how to do it.
- We’re flexible. We listen to you and tailor all our projects to your website’s unique circumstances ensuring we cover your internal priorities and issues you’ve identified.
Who we’ve worked with
Our SEO clients include Barnardo’s, BEN, Concern Worldwide, Versus Arthritis, The Railway Children, MSI Reproductive Choices, Young Lives Vs Cancer and many more.
Our work has enabled their teams to take a holistic view of their websites, resolve major technical or structural site issues, develop data-led strategies and begin growing organic traffic.
We’ve delivered our SEO 101 training to multiple charities throughout the UK, helping them to gain the skills, insights and knowledge to embed SEO into their work.
How we improved Mental Health Foundation’s SEO
Find out more about how we improved Mental Health Foundation’s SEO.
What our clients say
“We were really pleased with the SEO work that Platypus did for us. Their recommendations were clear and concise. That gave us the knowledge and confidence to make the changes and to inform our strategy going forward.”
– Stuart Hill, then Digital Manager at the Mental Health Foundation
Email [email protected] for a proposal on how we could improve your charity’s SEO.
We can also help you with
Want to do something great with digital?
Great! So do we. Just let us know what you had in mind and we’ll be in contact lickidy-split.