Our channel reviews can help you discover whether you’re making the best use of the digital channels you use to communicate, and what you can improve on. This can help you attract more supporters or raise more funds online.
Our channel reviews are perfect for you if you’re not sure about:
- how to get useful insights about your content
- how effectively your channels are performing
- which channels you should be focusing on
How Platypus helped Opportunity International rethink their digital marketing to reach their highest potential
What it is
A channel review is a data-led analysis of one or more of your digital channels.
We assess the content and make recommendations on how to improve.
We analyse your audiences and demographics, and the breakdown of your content categories, ask types, and message frames.
Where you don’t have much content on a particular channel, we can look at how you perform against best practice and make recommendations to get you up and running.
The channels we can review include your organic and paid channels:
- email marketing
- specific sections or pages of your website.
How do we do it?
We look at every piece of content
We look at all the posts and content on the channels you’ve over an appropriate period of time.
We analyse across a range of metrics
We gather data like the type and content of your posts, impressions, and engagement and click rates. We can then tell you what types of content to produce depending on your goals.
We ask the right questions
We compare what we find against our experience of what works, industry benchmarks, and best practice, and ask a series of detailed questions like:
- Is your posting activity aligned with your digital strategy?
- Do you have the right mix of post types, covering information sharing, stories, fundraising asks, and more?
- Are your campaigns set up in a way that makes sense and gets the most from the platform’s algorithms?
- What content is most effective?
- Is your content well matched to the key audiences on these channels?
- Is your tracking helping you report on the numbers that matter?
- How does your audience react to your content? How does this compare to other charities?
We combine the insight from your data and interviews to create a detailed report of recommendations.
Why work with us?
- We’re digital channel specialists – we have years of experience in digital in charities and work across multiple channels every day
- We make realistic recommendations – we’ve all worked in charities, running channels, analysing data and creating content so our advice is practical
- We communicate openly and clearly – we listen to you and always give clear recommendations
- We get everyone on board – our stakeholder interviews, first draft and stakeholder presentation means buy-in across the board
Who we’ve worked with
- Alzheimers Society – we reviewed their email marketing, helping them embed best practice and align production across teams
- Lumos – we helped them better engage a celebrity-focused social media audience with their charity’s cause
- Changing Faces –we highlighted the team to identify opportunities to grow the reach of their services
- Islamic Relief – we reviewed Islamic Relief UK’s organisational processes around planning, creating, publishing and assessing paid social content.
- Opportunity International – we helped Opportunity International rething their digital marketing strategy and reached their highest potential.
Email us at [email protected] to find out how we can review your channels.
We can also help you with
Find out how we can help your cause
If you would like to learn more about how we can help your cause or you have a general query, please get in touch using the contact form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.