Email. Every charity is doing it, yet some are really knocking it out of the park.
We recently ran a live 30 minute lunchtime webinar, we took a look at some of our favourite emails from charities (both big and small).
We discussed why they are so effective and how your charity can start smashing email marketing too. Enjoy!
Subject line: ‘Found: one home‘
- Good subject line
- Strong imagery
- Short, concise copy
- Targeted (I’m in a list where they know I’ve donated before so they can thank me)
- Large CTA button
Subject line: ‘This is about to get akward‘
- Great subject line
- Easy ask – share on social media
- Great tone of voice – “Yours embarassingly, Head of Awkwardness”
- Use of P.S.
Subject line: ‘Could you live on £1 a day?‘
- Question in subject line
- Front-loaded email
- Focuses on one action
- Stands out – use of white space in text and a strong image
NHS Information Service for Parents
Subject line: ‘You and your baby at 9 weeks: How much will childcare cost?‘
- Genuinely helpful
- Not getting me to buy anything
- Nice CTA buttons
Child’s i Foundation
Subject line: ‘This is Priscilla’s Story‘
- Always story based
- Impactful image
- Bold text highlighting for skim readers
- Included a text fundraising ask – perfect for mobile readers
What do you think?
Do you agree with the charity examples Matt and Fran picked out? Or have you seen some great emails which you rate more? We’d love to hear what content you think is smashing! Feel free to plug your own charity if you think you’ve got something great to share – just tweet us at @PlatypusDigi