**This job is now closed**
We are looking for a marketing lead to position Platypus Digital as an expert digital marketing agency in the charity sector.
You’ll plan and deliver the marketing calendar, create and empower our team to create well designed and targeted content and promote our team as experts within the charity sector.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience or interest in business-to-business (B2B) marketing to promote a digital marketing agency that’s having a truly positive impact on the world.
Non-graduates are very welcome to apply – you don’t need a degree for this position.
Hours: 3-5 days a week (depending on the candidate’s preferred pattern)
Flexible working: We positively encourage flexible working in the form of working from home and the part-time hours of the role. We also have a flexitime system and are open to job sharing requests if you like the sound of the role but want to work less than full time hours.
Salary: £37,650 if you live in London, £34,650 plus £3,000 travel allowance if you live outside. New starters begin at the start of the range and are eligible for a stage review within their level after six months.
Location: We have a hybrid office set up with office space in London Bridge, SE1. Most people work partly from home and partly from the office according to their needs. Please specify in your application if you are interested in remote only.
- Plan ways to promote Platypus as an expert digital marketing agency and a great place to work.
- Create and maintain a marketing calendar, including a content plan for our web content, email marketing and social media.
- Write and work with others to write new, high-quality content which is helpful to our target audience.
- Create visual and written content for our website, email, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Manage our Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, responding to comments and messages in a friendly, helpful way.
- Report on the success of our marketing to the senior management team.
- Identify mutually beneficial partnerships for the agency with complementary organisations.
- Set up and maintain those partnerships, making sure everyone benefits from the relationship.
- Promote existing partner projects like Digital Candle to the charity sector.
- Propose new forms of marketing for the agency that would promote our expertise to our target audience.
- Work to improve our marketing processes and outputs.
- Support others at Platypus to create marketing content where appropriate
- Other duties as reasonably required.
You will report to the managing director.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- have a sound understanding of the principles of marketing
- understand the challenges faced by charities, especially in digital marketing
- understand the principles of web content, email and social media content marketing
- understand the digital marketing services that we offer to charities
- identify with our organisation’s values.
- work collaboratively and openly with others to create and edit new content.
- build good relationships internally and externally through open communication
- write engaging written content
- sell the value of our services in a collaborative way
- present us as a friendly and expert digital marketing agency
Who we are
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
We do this through digital marketing services like paid search, paid social, creating digital marketing strategies, and more.
Our values are really important to us. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
You’ll work with charities like Barnardo’s, Versus Arthritis and Young Lives vs Cancer to raise money and connect them to people who are looking for support.
You’ll collaborate with friendly experts in the team through one to one meetings, team meetings, team retros and weekly whole team lunches.
You’ll work with lots of lovely clients who really value our work.
If you are keen to make a difference with digital marketing, and are committed to our values, we will give you all the training and experience you need to progress with us.
What you get
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- 🏠 flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- ✊ the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- 💪 a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- 🧪 the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- 🏫 the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and on our blog
- 🤝 actively encouraging union membership for legal advice/representation, and access to a wide range of benefits
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 🏖️ 35 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays in England and Wales
- 🗓️ a paid five-week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
- 🍼 enhanced parental leave
- 🌱 pension contributions matched up to 5% through NEST
- 💰 quarterly profit share scheme
- 📚 annual £2,000 learning and development budget per team member
- 🤗 10% of your billable hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- 🩺 access to health, optical and dental care through Benenden Health not-for-profit mutual society
- 📝 access to an independent financial advisor through Bippit
- 🧠 access to message-based therapy through Spill
- 🎁 a yearly £1,000 donation to a charity of your choice
- 💷 a matching regular donation of up to £20 per month
- 🧘 a monthly wellbeing budget
In March 2022 we became a certified B Corp. Scoring highly on the workers score is one proof point that we’re doing something right for the people who work here.
How to apply
- Fill in this form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by 9am on Monday 20 June, 2022.
- If we shortlist you, we will email you to organise a time for a 1-hour video call interview via Google Meet on a time and date that works for everyone.
Please note, we will be following our anonymous recruitment process.