Platypus Digital are looking for a freelance IT consultant.
You would work with the Managing Director and Director of Digital Marketing on how to use information technology in order to meet our business objectives or overcome problems. You’ll work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems across the company.
This includes IT security, hardware and software updates, equipment and document sharing (through Google Workspace).
Your role will include areas like:
- advising on making sure staff home networks are secure – how secure are home networks, who else is connected to them, should we all use a VPN, etc?
- setting up and updating the best antivirus, antispyware and firewalls – what are the best solutions, do any force an update remotely?
- monitoring device updates
- making sure backups regularly run for both Windows and Mac users
- advising on the use of work devices for personal use
- ensuring strong password use via LastPass
- advising on the use of two-factor authentication
- advising on laptop encryption best practices
- advising on hardware insurance best practices for remote workers
- advising on best practice in Google document sharing – ongoing check ups, client management with clients who are unable to access Google workspace documents
Hours: Freelance (based on scope of work)
Flexible working: We positively encourage flexible working in the form of working from home and the part time hours of the role.
Location: primarily remote, with meetings in London when needed.
Essential knowledge and abilities:
- Expert knowledge of Google Workspace
- Expert knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems
- Knowledge of best practices around IT security, encryptions, antivirus software
- Repairing computer problems and removing viruses (done remotely)
- Training staff on best practise of security and hardware use
- Designing, installing and trialling new systems and software, and fixing any issues that arise
- Making recommendations, such as suggesting appropriate hardware, software and systems
- Developing a plan of action including time scale and resources required
- Experience working with distributed teams
Apply by answering these short questions by Monday 20 December at 9am.
Get a digital expert to answer your questions for free! Ask a question on Digital Candle about everything from CRM, Google Ads and Microsoft 365 to social media, digital strategy and service design, and get matched with an expert for a free one hour call.