Last night, we held the third annual Top 30 Charity CEOs on Social Media awards.
Zoe Amar and I co-founded the annual awards back in 2013. It wasn’t long after Obama’s four more years tweet was at that point the most retweeted tweet ever. It struck us that people follow people, not organisations. So we decided to shine a light on the people doing the best digital work in the sector, in the hope that others would follow them.
Judges selected 25 charity leaders from over 130 nominated as the ones bringing the most transparency, personality and life to their organisations through their social media presences, including the overall winner, Polly Neate of Shelter.
We also handed out awards to:
- The Best Digital CEO
- The Best Digital Leader
- The Best Trustee on Social Media
- The Best Leader on Social Media
- The Best Rising Star on Social Media
We started the digital categories in particular because we believe that without senior buy-in, digital is doomed.
All these great folk lead by example and inspire those around them to spread their services and
Check out these lovely resources that we’ve created for you:
- The full list of winners here
- The #socialceos hashtag for all the excited chatter around the winners today
- Our awesome crowdsourced tips on getting your leaders on social media (this is from back in 2017 but boy is it still relevant)
- Zoe’s piece on the awards for Civil Society
Thanks so much to our lovely sponsors Trillium, JustGiving and Lightful, We love you!