We’re recruiting for a PPC Marketing Manager (Google Ads) at Platypus Digital.
You’ll work with some of the most amazing charities in the UK, like Sightsavers, Versus Arthritis and Concern Worldwide. You’ll help them to plan, manage and deliver PPC projects that create positive change in the world.
You will help deliver PPC reviews, strategies and campaigns for our charity clients, covering search, display, YouTube, Shopping and App campaigns.
You’ll monitor, optimise, and quality assure a range of campaigns – all working to meet our client’s objectives.
You will also be accountable for maintaining great working relationships at Platypus and with clients. You’ll represent the Google Ads team, providing clients with support and actionable next steps that ensure the smooth delivery of campaign activity.
You’ll also line manage a paid search exec and assistant, supporting their development and work.
You’ll get 10% of your time to work pro bono for a cause of your choice within work hours. That will give you first-hand experience in other areas of our work, as well as being able to work for a cause close to your heart.
Non-graduates are very welcome to apply – you don’t need a degree for this position.
Role type: Full-time, permanent employee role (applicants should have the right to work in the UK).
Location: We have a hybrid office set-up with an office in London Bridge, SE1. Most people work partly from home and partly from the office according to their needs. We are not accepting remote only applications for this role.
Flexible working: We positively encourage flexible working in the form of hybrid home working, have a flexitime system, and are open to job-sharing requests if you like the sound of the role but want to work less than full-time hours.
Salary: £47,800 to £52,000 if you live in London, £44,800 to £49,000 plus £3,000 travel allowance if you live outside. New starters begin at the start of the range and are eligible for a stage review within their level after six months.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th February, 8am.
How to apply: Full details of the process can be found at the bottom of this job description.
What you will do
- Be accountable for ensuring all PPC campaigns (search, display, YouTube, Shopping and App) deliver against strategic objectives set out by clients and the agency.
- Analyse the performance of campaigns and identify strategic opportunities, facilitating optimisations to hit and exceed client expectations and KPIs.
- Oversee reporting processes and delivery to clients to ensure campaign performance against KPIs and targets.
- Manage campaign expenses, stay on budget, estimate monthly costs and reconcile discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining channel-specific processes, such as campaign briefing, planning, pacing, auditing, optimisations and reporting (including via third-party tools)
- Own the end-to-end management and delivery of PPC campaigns from implementation to optimisation, ensuring delivery to time, budget and quality standards.
- Adopt a ‘test and learn’ approach to PPC activity to explore innovative ways to enhance campaign performance.
- Understand and adhere to client management best practices set within the agency.
- Act as a mentor and coach to direct reports and the wider team and provide PPC training to internal teams and clients
- Support the director of digital marketing to proactively identify opportunities for new work with existing clients across other services, including Meta Ads, SEO and data.
- Ensure the agency stays up-to-date with industry trends and technologies, including developments in PPC, such as analytics, online marketing, eCommerce and online behaviour.
Working with clients and the team – all the time
- Work closely with our client-side colleagues to ensure we get the most out of our relationship and that they are happy with our work.
- Work with colleagues to identify opportunities and issues, so campaigns run smoothly.
- Help develop junior colleagues by sharing expertise and proactively discussing core concepts.
Tools you will use
- Google Ads platform
- Google Ads Editor
- Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets for analysis
- PowerPoint/Google Slides when presenting data
- Google Workspace (Google Docs, Sheets and Meet)
Who we are
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
We work with lots of lovely clients who really value our work like Sightsavers, Versus Arthritis and Young Lives vs Cancer to raise money and connect them to people who are looking for support.
Our values are really important to us. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
What you get
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- 🏠 flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- ✊ the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- 💪 believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- 🧪 trying new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- 🏫 showcasing your work at our events, on webinars and on our blog
- 🤝 actively encouraging union membership for legal advice/representation, and access to a wide range of benefits
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 35 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays in England and Wales
- a paid five-week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
- enhanced parental leave
- pension contributions matched up to 5% through NEST
- quarterly profit share scheme
- annual learning and development budget per team member
- 10% of your billable hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- access to message-based therapy
- a matching regular donation of up to £20 per month
- access to health, optical and dental care through Benenden Health through salary sacrifice
We are a certified B Corp. That means we’re officially an ethical business that positive impacts the environment and community, and values our workers and stakeholders, so much so that it’s part of our legal set up.
We scored highly on the workers score – we think that shows we’re doing something right for the people who work at Platypus.
How to apply
Fill in our application form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by Monday 12th February, 8am.
If we shortlist you, we will arrange a time to email you a 1-hour task to assess your skills. You can do this during the following week, including an evening or weekend day.
If the task goes well, we will invite you to a video call interview via Google Meet at a time and date that works for everyone.
We will follow our anonymous recruitment process for this role to make it as fair as possible. We recommend anyone interested in applying for this role reads this process.