Summary of the role
Platypus Digital is looking for an up and coming search marketing executive to join our growing multidisciplinary team. You’ll work with some of the most exciting charities in the UK, such as Sightsavers, Teenage Cancer Trust and Concern Worldwide (and a few we can’t wait to announce). You’ll help them to plan, manage and execute paid and organic search, display and testing strategy across a range of channels and platforms.
You’ll take ownership of the day-to-day Google Ad Grants and paid Google Ads optimisation and planning for our charity clients. You’ll plan search activity, campaign copy, uploads via the Google Ads Editor, ongoing optimisation via third-party tools and delivering detailed insight reports to help improve our charity clients’ understanding of their campaign activity.
Our team get a lot of autonomy to show their skills, so you’ll be confident and independent enough to really shine.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- super-keen on search marketing;
- passionate about making a positive difference in the world;
- lovely to work with;
- experienced with Google Ads and Analytics;
- someone who has worked in-house at a charity or in a similar agency-side role (ideally with 1 year of paid or organic search experience).
Location: London Bridge (SE1)
Role type: Full time, permanent.
Salary: £27,000 – £33,000 (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: 7th May 2019, 8am
How to apply: complete the online application form
Who we are
Platypus Digital is a digital marketing agency for the charity sector, based in London. We work with charities, social enterprises and other organisations doing great work.
We believe that digital is a powerful force to get important messages in front of people when they need them the most.
Why work for us?
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We aren’t talking bean bags for seats or break out rooms with foosball tables. We mean the stuff that makes a real difference to your working life.
We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team. So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- a flexible working schedule – choose your core hours and where you work from
- flexible holiday – we encourage staff to take time off when they need it but set a minimum of 21 days per calendar year, plus UK bank holidays
- your pension contributions matched up to 5%
- personal training and conference budget to build on your existing skills
- up to 10% of your time to work pro-bono for a charity of our choice
- £1,000 to donate to the charity of our choice in March each year
- Cycle to Work Scheme or rail ticket loan
- a culture of believing in the expertise of our team
- the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and our blog
- weekly team lunches and quarterly team socials
If you are keen to make a start in search marketing, are committed to our values, we will give you all the training and experience you need to progress in this role.
What you will do
Search marketing – 65% of your time
- Audit and benchmark Google Ads account activity based on insights using tools such as Optmyzr, Wordstream and SEMrush as well as user and stakeholder research
- Assist on the maintenance and monitoring of our portfolio of client accounts; including policies, keyword bids, budgets, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Deliver detailed keyword research and recommendations based on agreed account structures and goals
- Write effective, keyword-rich ad copy tailored to objectives that also adhere to Google’s best practices
- Write detailed client-facing recommendations based on Google’s best practice and agreed on client objectives
- Be the first touch point for clients on all paid search activity
Display advertising – 15% of your time
- Liaise with our product-side account managers to optimise ongoing prospecting and remarketing campaigns across the web
- Plan and recommend campaign journeys using Google Analytics and platform-specific reporting tools
- Make creative recommendations based on insights from well planned creative and audience tests
- Report on existing campaign activity and give key insights to clients on campaign activity
Reporting – 20% of your time
- Create dashboards in Google Analytics and Data Studio to keep clients up to date with campaign activity
- Track and update clients on weekly tasks and optimisations
- Plan and build monthly insights reports covering the metrics that matter most to our clients, such as conversion rate, revenue and cost per acquisition
- Advise clients on what actions they should take as a result of the information in reports
Working with clients and the team – all the time
- Work closely with our client-side colleagues to make sure we get the most out of our relationship and they are happy with our work
- Tell colleagues quickly when something goes wrong so they can help fix it
- Talk to colleagues regularly about how projects are going
Key skills and experience
- Sound working knowledge of Google Ads platform and search theory
- Sound working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Demonstrable experience in search marketing
- Strong attention to detail
- Really nice to work with
- A commitment to the work of charities
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in a digital campaigning or fundraising role within a charity
- Experience of working in agencies
- Individual or Agency qualifications from Google
- Managing projects using collaborative cloud-based tools
- Ability to look at a set of data, and make recommendations off the back of it
- Experience of using bid management/reporting tools like Optmyzr and Funnel.io
Tools you will use
- Google Ads platform & Google Ads Editor
- Google Analytics
- Google Apps (Docs and Sheets)
How to apply
- Fill in this form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by 8am on the 7th of May.
- If you sound like a good fit, we will be in touch to organise a time to email you a 1-hour task to check your skills are a good fit – this can be done in an evening or weekend during the week of the 13th of May.
- If the task goes well, we will invite you to an in-person interview at our offices in London Bridge on the morning of the 22nd of May.
And if you have any questions about the role or whether you think you’re a good fit, just email email@example.com – we’re happy to answer them before you apply.