Summary of the role
The Paid Search Marketing Lead (PSML) will act as a senior practitioner within the search marketing team and will develop, implement and optimise cross-channel strategically aligned campaign activity for our clients.
The PSML will leverage their advanced search marketing skills, as well as third-party tools and scripts to support the team to understand client objectives, audit current campaign activity, overhaul search and display strategies and implement new internal processes which help us to exceed client expectations.
The team gets a lot of autonomy to show their skills, so you’ll be confident and independent enough to really shine.
Ideally, you are:
- super-keen on paid search marketing;
- passionate about making a positive difference in the world;
- lovely to work with;
- someone who has worked in-house at a charity or agency-side leading on paid search and display.
Location: Currently remote, then from Runway East in London Bridge (SE1)
Role type: Freelance or Fixed term contract. PT or FT considered.
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 pro-rata (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: Rolling applications. The job will remain open until the right candidate is found.
Not sure if you should apply? Got a random question? Just email [email protected] – we’re happy to answer them before you apply.
About Platypus Digital
Platypus Digital is a digital marketing agency for the charity sector, based in London. We work with charities, social enterprises and other organisations doing great work.
We believe that digital is a powerful force to get important messages in front of people when they need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
Planning and delivery – 75% of your time
- Plan, implement and improve on the internal processes to ensure maintenance, monitoring and optimisation of our portfolio of client Ad Grants and paid Google Ads accounts takes place on time, within budget and on target, organising the split between manual and automated processes through scripts and third-party tools
- Lead on the active account and campaign optimisation, from understanding the strategy for the accounts to setting up scripts to performing common tasks and working with team members to implement changes
- Help refine our technology stack to improve our auditing and benchmarking process, incorporating user and stakeholder insights to make sure our client’s account deliver on target
- Plan and deliver detailed keyword research to develop account structures and goals based on these criteria
- Write and sign off effective, keyword-rich ad copy tailored to objectives that also adhere to Google’s best practices
- Act as an external brand ambassador, making sure all campaign activity is closely aligned with client brand guidelines and overall tone-of-voice guidelines
- Build strong relationships with client-side managers, agency partners and freelance designers and copywriters to plan, optimise and improve upon search and display campaigns capabilities for our clients
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues on targeting, spend targets, bidding strategy, messaging strategy and overall visual design
- Plan and oversee reporting cycles and report formats to ensure campaigns across search and display are reported back with results, insights and recommendations are fully understood by our clients.
Client management – 25% of your time
- Work with the head of search and data to ensure client objectives are at the forefront of all campaign activity and that opportunities across other channels are properly identified and pitched in to clients
- Liaise with clients to understand internal stakeholder requirements to information requirements in order to plan and build detailed client-facing reports that help inform our clients to understand how we are meeting their objectives using Google Data Studio and other third-party reporting tools
- Act as our client’s external search and display expert to ensure a full understanding of our work throughout the organisation
About the person
- In-depth technical knowledge of the tools, standards and platforms needed for digital project delivery – as well as knowing what is and isn’t possible
- Advanced knowledge of Google Ads platform, Google Campaign Manager and expert knowledge of search theory including the ability to explain the methodology in an easily understandable way
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics – proven ability to base insights on data and confidence in relaying this insight to stakeholders at multiple levels across organisations
- Demonstrable experience in setting up and managing Google Ads campaigns through Google Ads Editor and Google Ads Scripts to improve management of the accounts
- Strong attention to detail across copywriting, formula and processes
- A commitment to the work of charities
- Keen to set a high standard for yourself and others
- A self-starter with a natural curiosity in finding the best solution to a problem
- Strives to nurture junior colleagues by taking a proactive attitude towards professional development and the welfare of team members.
How to apply
- Fill in the form, giving details of your relevant experience and reasons for wanting to work for Platypus Digital.
- If you sound like a good fit, we will invite you to an informal call to discuss the role.
- If your chemistry call goes well, we will invite you to complete a short task to make sure you have the right skills we are looking for. This will be sent to you at a time of your choosing and we will then assess the results.
And if you have any questions about the role or whether you think you’re a good fit, just email [email protected] – we’re happy to answer them before you apply.