Platypus Digital is looking for a paid search marketing executive to join our growing team.
You’ll take ownership of the day-to-day Google Ad Grants and paid Google Ads optimisation and planning for our charity clients.
You’ll plan search activity, campaign copy, uploads via the Google Ads Editor, ongoing optimisation via third-party tools and deliver detailed insight reports to help improve our charity clients’ understanding of their campaign activity.
You’ll also get 10% of your billable time to work pro bono for a cause of your choice. That will give you first-hand experience of other areas of our work, as well as being able to work for a cause close to your heart.
Your work will have real positive change in the world, so you know your efforts will really make a difference in the world.
Non-graduates are very welcome to apply – you don’t need a degree for this position.
Location: We have an office in London Bridge, SE1. We’re mostly home working during the pandemic. Please specify in your application if you are interested in remote only.
What you will do
Search marketing – 65% of your time
- Audit and benchmark Google Ads account activity based on insights using tools such as Optmyzr, Wordstream and SEMrush as well as user and stakeholder research
- Assist on the maintenance and monitoring of our portfolio of client accounts; including policies, keyword bids, budgets, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics
- Deliver detailed keyword research and recommendations based on agreed account structures and goals
- Write effective, keyword-rich ad copy tailored to objectives that also adhere to Google’s best practices
- Write detailed client-facing recommendations based on Google’s best practice and agreed on client objectives
- Be the first touchpoint for clients on all paid search activity
Display advertising – 15% of your time
- Liaise with our product-side account managers to optimise ongoing prospecting and remarketing campaigns across the web
- Plan and recommend campaign journeys using Google Analytics and platform-specific reporting tools
- Make creative recommendations based on insights from well planned creative and audience tests
- Report on existing campaign activity and give key insights to clients on campaign activity
Reporting – 20% of your time
- Create dashboards in Google Analytics and Data Studio to keep clients up to date with campaign activity
- Track and update clients on weekly tasks and optimisations
- Plan and build monthly insights reports covering the metrics that matter most to our clients, such as conversion rate, revenue and cost per acquisition
- Advise clients on what actions they should take as a result of the information in reports
Working with clients and the team – all the time
- Work closely with our client-side colleagues to make sure we get the most out of our relationship and they are happy with our work
- Tell colleagues quickly when something goes wrong so they can help fix it
- Talk to colleagues regularly about how projects are going
Key skills and experience
- Sound working knowledge of Google Ads platform and search theory
- Sound working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Demonstrable experience in search marketing
- Strong attention to detail
- Really nice to work with
- A commitment to the work of charities
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in a digital campaigning or fundraising role within a charity
- Experience of working in agencies
- Individual or Agency qualifications from Google
- Managing projects using collaborative cloud-based tools
- Ability to look at a set of data, and make recommendations off the back of it
Tools you will use
- Google Ads platform & Google Ads Editor
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Sheets and MS Excel
- Google Data Studio, SuperMetrics, and other data visualisation software
- Google Workspace (Google Docs, Sheets and Meet)
Who we are
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
Our values are really important to us. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
You’ll work with lots of lovely clients who really value our work like Barnardo’s, Versus Arthritis and Young Lives vs Cancer to raise money and connect them to people who are looking for support.
What you get
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- 🏠 flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- ✊ the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- 💪 a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- 🧪 the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- 🏫 the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and on our blog
- 🤝 actively encouraging union membership for legal advice/representation, and access to a wide range of benefits
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 🏖️ 35 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays in England and Wales
- 🗓️ a paid five-week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
- 🍼 enhanced parental leave
- 🌱 pension contributions matched up to 5% through NEST
- 💰 quarterly profit share scheme
- 📚 annual £2,000 learning and development budget per team member
- 🤗 10% of your billable hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- 🩺 access to health, optical and dental care through Benenden Health not-for-profit mutual society
- 📝 access to an independent financial advisor through Bippit
- 🧠 access to message-based therapy through Spill
- 🎁 a yearly £1,000 donation to a charity of your choice
- 💷 a matching regular donation of up to £20 per month
- 🧘 a monthly wellbeing budget
In March 2022 we became a certified B Corp. Scoring highly on the workers score is one proof point that we’re doing something right for the people who work here.
How to apply
- Fill in this form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by Wednesday 29 June at 9am.
- If we shortlist you, we will email you to organise a time for a 1-hour video call interview via Google Meet or in person on a time and date that works for everyone.
Please note, we will be following our anonymous recruitment process.