**This job is now closed **
As our new office operations lead, you’ll be responsible for making sure that the essential components of the agency run smoothly.
That means planning the policies that make Platypus a great place to work, overseeing our HR, finance, office, hardware, and spotting opportunities to improve it.
We’re a certified B Corporation that wants to improve its score even further. We want Platypus to be a great place to work. You’ll have an essential role in planning the policies and projects that make that real.
We have external HR and finance organisations – you’ll be responsible for working with them to make sure the leadership team has all the information it needs to move the agency forward.
Non-graduates are very welcome to apply – you don’t need a degree for this position.
Hours: Three to five days a week (depending on the candidate’s preferred pattern)
Flexible working: We positively encourage flexible working in the form of working from home and the part-time hours of the role. We also have a flexitime system and are open to job sharing requests if you like the sound of the role but want to work less than full time hours.
Salary: £37,180.36 if you live in London, £34,180.36 plus £3,000 travel allowance if you live outside. New starters begin at the start of the range and are eligible for a stage review within their level after six months.
Location: We have a hybrid office set up with office space in London Bridge, SE1. Most people work partly from home and partly from the office according to their needs. Please specify in your application if you are interested in remote only.
- Planning, reviewing and writing / briefing in new policies, projects, training and initiatives that make Platypus a better place to work
- Acting as our internal HR contact, working with our outsourced HR provider where needed
- Managing our staff engagement platform Officevibe, including internal reporting, analysis and planning surveys to find out how we can make Platypus a better place to work
- Working with the team to write job descriptions for new roles
- Promoting our vacancies to get the best applicants
- Shortlisting, arranging tests and interviews with potential candidates
- Any other HR related tasks that we identify later
- Liaising with our accountants to make sure we both have the information we need from each other
- Reporting on the most important financial metrics internally
- Being the main point of contact for team questions about our pension and other financial benefits
- Any other finance related tasks that we identify later
- Keeping a record of our external certifications and recertification dates and costs
- Researching and suggesting new certifications that improve the agency
- Keeping a record of our insurance, cover amounts and renewal dates
- Managing any aspects of keeping our insurance up to date
Office and equipment
- Managing all aspects of our office space and liaising with our office providers on anything to do with our office provision
- Keeping a record of computers and other equipment, including who owns what, the type of virus protection devices have and any lease renewal dates
- Managing compliance with and improving our IT policies
- Any other IT related tasks that we identify later
B Corp certification
- Taking the lead for B Corp recertification process in 2025
- Planning improvements to our score in the meantime by completing the assessment annually and suggesting improvements to our sub-scores
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- have a sound understanding of the general principles of a good people culture
- understand the basics of finance, like expenses, invoices and reporting
- understand the key policies that agencies like ours should have in place (the open source Deeson handbook is a good place to start on this)
- identify with our organisation’s values.
- collaborative and open approach to working with others
- build good relationships internally and externally through open communication
- care about making better workplaces
- great organisation skills
- ability to share information with lots of different people in different ways
- being able to keep track of lots of disparate information, from lists of laptops to planned policies
Who we are
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
We do this through digital marketing services like paid search, paid social, creating digital marketing strategies, and more.
Our values are really important to us. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
You’ll work with charities like Barnardo’s, Versus Arthritis and Young Lives vs Cancer to raise money and connect them to people who are looking for support.
You’ll collaborate with friendly experts in the team through one to one meetings, team meetings, team retros and weekly whole team lunches.
You’ll work with lots of lovely clients who really value our work.
If you are keen to make a difference with digital marketing, and are committed to our values, we will give you all the training and experience you need to progress with us.
What you get
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- 🏠 flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- ✊ the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- 💪 a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- 🧪 the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- 🏫 the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and on our blog
- 🤝 actively encouraging union membership for legal advice/representation, and access to a wide range of benefits
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 🏖️ 35 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays in England and Wales
- 🗓️ a paid five-week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
- 🍼 enhanced parental leave
- 🌱 pension contributions matched up to 5% through NEST
- 💰 quarterly profit share scheme
- 📚 annual £2,000 learning and development budget per team member
- 🤗 10% of your billable hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- 🩺 access to health, optical and dental care through Benenden Health not-for-profit mutual society
- 📝 access to an independent financial advisor through Bippit
- 🧠 access to message-based therapy through Spill
- 🎁 a yearly £1,000 donation to a charity of your choice
- 💷 a matching regular donation of up to £20 per month
- 🧘 a monthly wellbeing budget
In March 2022 we became a certified B Corp. Scoring highly on the workers score is one proof point that we’re doing something right for the people who work here.
How to apply
- Fill in this form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by 9am on Tuesday 30 August, 2022.
- If we shortlist you, we will email you to organise a time for a 1-hour video call interview via Google Meet on a time and date that works for everyone.
Please note, we will be following our anonymous recruitment process.