We’re looking for a Digital Project Coordinator to help deliver services for our charity clients.
You’ll work with charities in international development, mental health, and refugee support.
You will support the Digital Project Manager and wider team to create project timelines, manage risks, and maintain project documentation.
You will also support internal teams’ scoping, planning, and delivery of client-facing services.
You’ll need strong attention to detail and stakeholder management skills.
You’ll get 10% of your time to work pro bono on a cause close to your heart, giving you new skills and the chance to make even more of a positive difference.
You don’t need a degree for this role. Previous experience in a full-service or digital marketing agency and project management certification help but aren’t essential.
We have a track record of hiring for attitude and training for skill. If you share our values and want to learn fast, this is the role for you.
Location: We have a hybrid office set-up with an office in London Bridge, SE1. Most people work partly from home and partly from the office according to their needs. We are not accepting remote only applications for this role.
Role type: Full-time, permanent.
Flexible working: We positively encourage flexible working in the form of hybrid home working, have a flexitime system, and are open to job-sharing requests if you like the sound of the role but want to work less than full-time hours.
Salary level: £33,000 to £37,000 if you live in London, £31,000 to £34,000 plus £3,000 travel allowance if you live outside. New starters begin at the start of the range and are eligible for a stage review within their level after six months.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 9th May, 8am.
How to apply: Full details of the process can be found at the bottom of this job description.
What you will do
- Assisting in the development and implementation of processes to improve client-facing services
- Maintaining project documentation, templates, and processes.
- Supporting the creation and recommendation of process improvements
- Implementing recommendations to drive improvements within Platypus Digital’s service delivery.
- Assisting in implementing project timelines to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Implementing improvements to methods and timings based on evidence.
- Updating stakeholders on project status and communicating any changes
- Responsible for analysing and reporting on delivery resourcing.
- Working with the Digital Project Manager to update senior stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Supporting the management of project risk and addressing issues as needed.
- Triaging client issues and being a go-to person for clients
- Responsible for contract management and invoicing.
- Supporting the Digital Project Manager ensures documentation is updated and shared with clients.
- Implementing a RACI matrix for internal and client team responsibilities.
- Supporting client onboarding and facilitating handover between sales and service delivery teams.
- Supporting the internal team with scoping, planning, and delivery of client-facing services.
- Training internal teams and clients in project management with help from our Digital Project Manager.
- Helping the Digital Project Manager and wider team to identify opportunities for new work with existing clients.
- Keeping the agency updated with industry trends and PM technologies
- Adhering to client management best practices within the agency.
Work with clients and the team
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships to ensure project success and customer satisfaction.
- Regularly communicating with team members on project status and performance.
- Proactively identifying and reporting project risks and challenges to the team to mitigate and solve.
Looking for new opportunities to improve the agency, our project management and our client’s growth.
Key skills and experience
- Experience in project management or project delivery with lots of stakeholders
- Experience using project management software
- Understanding of project management frameworks, e.g. Gannt charts, risk registers, RACI.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
Nice to have, but not essential
- Previous experience working within the charity sector
- Experience working on technology or digital projects
- Experience in a full-service or digital marketing agency
- Project management certification in one or more methodologies
- Experience working in a matrix team structure.
Tools you will use
- Google Workspace (Google Docs, Sheets and Meet)
Who we are
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
We do this through digital marketing services like paid search, paid social, creating digital marketing strategies, and more.
Our values are really important to us. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
You’ll work with charities like Barnardo’s, Versus Arthritis and Young Lives vs Cancer to raise money and connect them to people who are looking for support.
You’ll collaborate with friendly experts in the team through one to one meetings, team meetings, team retros and weekly whole team lunches.
You’ll work with lots of lovely clients who really value our work.
If you are keen to make a difference with digital marketing, and are committed to our values, we will give you all the training and experience you need to progress with us.
What you get
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- 🏠 flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- ✊ the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- 💪 a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- 🧪 the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- 🏫 the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and on our blog
- 🤝 actively encouraging union membership for legal advice/representation, and access to a wide range of benefits
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 🏖️ 35 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays in England and Wales
- 🗓️ a paid five-week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
- 🍼 enhanced parental leave
- 🌱 pension contributions matched up to 5% through NEST
- 💰 quarterly profit share scheme
- 📚 annual £2,000 learning and development budget per team member
- 🤗 10% of your billable hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- 🩺 access to health, optical and dental care through Benenden Health not-for-profit mutual society
- 📝 access to an independent financial advisor through Bippit
- 🧠 access to message-based therapy through Spill
- 🎁 a yearly £1,000 donation to a charity of your choice
- 💷 a matching regular donation of up to £20 per month
- 🧘 a monthly wellbeing budget
We are a certified B Corp. That means we’re officially an ethical business that positive impacts the environment and community, and values our workers and stakeholders, so much so that it’s part of our legal set up.
We scored highly on the workers score – we think that shows we’re doing something right for the people who work at Platypus.
How to apply
Fill in this form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by Tuesday 9th May, 8am.
If we shortlist you, we will email you a 1-hour task to assess your skills. You can do this during the following week, including an evening or weekend day.
If the task goes well, we will invite you to a video call interview via Google Meet at a time and date that works for everyone.
We will follow our anonymous recruitment process for this role to make it as fair as possible.