Summary of the role
We are looking for a freelance paid social specialist at Platypus Digital.
You will help build Facebook Advertising campaigns for our charity clients.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- good at planning, building and optimising paid social advertising campaigns
- interested in making a positive difference for our charity clients
- organised, with experience of working on many projects at the same time
- lovely to work with
About the role
Location: Currently remote.
Role type: Freelance or fixed term contract.
Closing date for applications: Rolling applications. We will keep recruitment open until we find the right candidate.
How to apply: Fill in the online application form
Who we are
Platypus Digital is a digital marketing agency for the charity sector, based in London. We work with charities, social enterprises and other organisations doing great work.
Digital can get important messages in front of people when they need them the most. So we build campaigns that change people’s lives for the better.
What you will do
- Devise audience strategies and build audiences in Facebook
- Build Facebook Ads campaigns for clients
- Create content for campaigns
- Work with our developer to check campaign tracking is working before launch
- Optimise campaigns to ensure the best results for our clients
- Analyse campaign results data and write reports for our clients
- Writing Facebook ad copy
- Planning Facebook Ads audience
- Building Facebook Ads campaigns
- Optimising Facebook Ads campaigns
- Nice to work with
- A commitment to the work of charities
- Nice to have – able to set up advertising campaigns on Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media platforms
Tools you will use
- Facebook Ads Manager
- G-suite (Google Docs and Sheets)
How to apply
We are working hard to become an anti-racist and truly inclusive employer. Our team is friendly, supportive and working hard to improve its culture. We have a diverse team. We really encourage applications from people of colour, women, new parents, people with disabilities and anyone identifying as LGBTQ+.
Platypus Digital is a Living Wage accredited employer.
We have a blind recruitment process in place for this role to reduce unconscious bias. We only want to shortlist and hire candidates based on ability.
This means our shortlist will remove names and LinkedIn profile links. The questions are about your skills, not experience.
Here’s the whole process.
- Applicants complete an online application form
- Personal information is removed by our HR company
- They share the long-list with Platypus Digital
- Platypus Digital shortlists based on application answers alone
- Our HR company contacts the shortlisted candidates to arrange interview times (early and late slots are available)
- The interview will start with a time limited test for the candidate to work through alone.
- The interview questions will test paid social marketing ability. They will be scored individually by the panel, which will include someone from our HR company.
- After the interview, the panel will gather the completed sheets and calculate scores.
- Finally, we contact the successful candidate.
These will cover:
- how well you would adhere to our values (weighted one quarter of the total score)
- details of you plan and create paid social campaigns (weighted half of the total score)
- how best we can work with you (weighted one quarter of the total score
The interview panel
The interview panel will be Sarah Espiner (digital strategist) who will work with the freelancer, and Sian Whittington of Bespoke HR (who support Platypus Digital in all aspects of HR).
The interviewers will score each answer 1 (not demonstrated ability), 2 (partially demonstrated ability and 3 (fully demonstrated ability).
We will compare total scores to find a candidate who demonstrates ability to do the job.
Where ability scores are equal, we will go with the candidate with the best values scores.
Contact us for more info
If you have any questions about the role, just email Sarah at [email protected].